The COVID-19 coronavirus is having a significant impact on the moving, storage, and logistics industries across America and the world. On March 30, 2020 Governor Hogan issued a stay-at-home order effective at 8:00 pm.
Household goods moving and storage services, warehouse services, and distribution services will continue at Worldwide Moving Systems, as allowed by the State of Maryland. At this time, we are included as an “essential business.” While continuing operations we will have policies in place to improve the safety of our customers and staff. Continue reading for information regarding the parameters in which we will operate to perform our services with the utmost concern and quality that one would expect from us at Worldwide Moving Systems.
COMPANY COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) POLICY
- All employees are will to follow the most current guidelines recommended by the C.D.C.
- Employees have been provided with facemasks to wear in our customers’ homes.
- Employees will stay home if ill or has had contact with someone who is symptomatic with the coronavirus or has reason to believe they have been exposed to the virus.
- Crews are to be sensitive to customer’s concerns regarding coronavirus.
- Customers feeling ill, or have had contact with someone who is symptomatic with the coronavirus, or have reason to believe they have been exposed to the virus will have to reschedule their move until their health is improved.
- If you are scheduled for service with us and have any concerns about your health or the health of others around you, please contact us to discuss the best course of action.
- In-home estimates are being completed on a case-by-case basis. We can use a phone call, photos, or virtual surveys (2-way video chat) to complete an assessment of our customers’ moving and storage needs.
- If you have any questions in reference to our policies, please contact the General Manager, Stephen Dill, at 301-870-5300.